|What domain name to choose?|
To be truly recognized on the internet, you must name your site. It must have its own domain name. This is a name which starts wit http:// and ends with extensions like com, org, net or country specific ones. An example is Adlandpro.com.
You may be wondering, what exactly is a good domain name?
A good domain name is one which is:
1. Easy to spell
3. Relates to your product or service
5. Cleverly combines words or sounds well together.
6. Words which can be used to identify your product or service.
While looking for a domain name, do a search for some related keywords that potential clients may use in searching for your product or service. You can then, use some of your keywords as a domain name. This will be advantageous for both humans and search engines. You see, humans will better memorize your name and search engines will match keywords typed by their users against keywords associated with your site.
A site’s domain name takes precedence over any other keywords found on the pages. This means that if your competitors use the same keywords as part of their page, search engines will give you more points if the same keyword is also found in your domain name.
Another advantage of having keyword as part of your domain name is that as your business grows, other sites will want to link to your site because it is viewed highly by other site owners. This is because they recognize that search engines will index their site higher because they are associated with your highly ranked site.
There are also various internet tools that will help you find and research a great domain name. These are as follows:
- 123Finder.com - Finds domain names by generating keywords and making up name variations.
- domainfellow.com - Generates domain names by combining keywords with a database of popular words. It provides multiple and custom domain name combination and queries.
- domain-generator.net - Randomly generate 5 available domain names in any top level domain
- nameboy.com -Generates available names and names for sale
- namedroppers.com - Allows you to perform searches for domain names using multiple keywords
- pdom.com -Searches for personal names to register as domains
- register.com – Allows you to obtain available domain names.
- rwm.net – Search for domains by combining descriptive words.
By utilizing these tools, you’ll be able to input your keywords and come up with some great domain names.
In case you didn’t know, there are various extensions that are available for you to choose from. They are: .com, org, info, net, tv, name, ws and more. In my opinion, you should choose a domain name with the extension .com. This is the most recognized extension. If you find that the .com extension is not available, there may be copyright or trademark restrictions on the other available extensions so be very careful when registering other names besides .com. My advice is to check for name trademarks first. You can check this with https://www.cscglobal.com/global/web/csc/trademark-search.html
It is always a very good idea to trademark your name to prevent anyone from using it.
Now that you have chosen a domain name, you must then register it.
Although there are many domain resellers that you can choose, you should spend some time evaluating them carefully. In fact, you should be able to find one that is no more than $10-$15 per year.
Check our link below for suggestion of good domain resellers.
How To Choose A Domain Name Using Google Traffic Estimator
Adlandpro.com Copyright 1998 - 2013 - All rights reserved .